Friday, June 08, 2007

Buy, 'bye.

I've stalled on my fabric organization and my room looks worse than ever. I've been neglecting the blog, as well as basically every craft/fiber project in my mental list.

I found out I'm pregnant with bambino #2 a little while ago, and I'm suffering from major energy and motivation drain.

Anyway, in fiber news, last weekend I attended an alpaca shearing day at Parker River Farm! I only got to see two animals get shorn, because the weather didn't cooperate and it began to drizzle (they can't be shorn with wet fleece). Those animals are unbelieveably cute, especially a white Suri alpaca named Diego, who is due for his first shearing this season, and looks a little like a cartoon character with his underbite and floppy mop-top haircut that falls over his eyes. Unfortunately I didn't bring a camera with me this time.

Then this Wednesday I went to the Newburyport spinning group, but not before stopping off at Three Bags Full, a yarn shop that is, unfortunately, closing its doors. I picked up a couple skeins of Malabrigo Aquarella in a beautiful teal and green colorway called Solis, and three skeins of Reynolds Andean Alpaca Regal with a vague idea of knitting something baby-sized out of it.

the Malabrigo:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and the Andean Alpaca (I got it in black and #28):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I may have to go back and get more of the aplaca in different colors to knit this:

bunny hat

In fact, upon closer inspection of the pattern I think I can make it in black with white ears using materials I already have!